Saturday, March 21, 2015

Life is beautiful!


Color, color, color!!!  
It was time to try some new bold colors.  I have never been a huge fan of the color yellow.  But after watching several tutorials where yellow was paired with a teal/turquoise and even hot pink, it looks really good.  So, I decided to give it a go!  I had found some yellow, well Cadium Yellow Dark Hue to be exact, at Tuesday Morning and wanted to try it. 

I made a mountain stencil out of an old cereal box and painted the mountains the color Hawaii.  I then outlined those in the yellow color. I painted the top with a mix of Neon Pink and Neon Orange and some of the yellow.  The colors are so vibrant!

Anyone remember my smoosh page where I wipe all of my excess paint on? Well, it was going to be put to use! 

I cut out my own shapes from the pretty paint smooshes and made flowers and stems.

I added some more details and some scribbles here and there.  It was a ton of fun, but I didn't take pictures for every step. Sorry!

Voila, life is beautiful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment