Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Slacking! NOT!

Ok, so I have been slacking on Crockpot Tuesdays. I haven't used the crock pot for 3 weeks now. But I am going to tell you about my dinner tonight. It was super yummy!


I made BBQ chicken in the toaster oven.  Living in the hot Coachella Valley, you learn to use the toaster oven instead of running the regular oven and getting the house even hotter!   I just took some defrosted chicken breasts and poured some BBQ sauce over the top of them and put them in the toaster oven for 30-45 minutes.  They come out so tender and juicy. I cooked some corn on the cob in the microwave and made some Bush's Grillin' Beans, Mesquite flavor, to go on the side.      

My mother-in-law taught me how to make this yummy chopped veggie salad, and so I made it to for a side also.   I chopped up some celery, bell pepper, zucchini, yellow zucchini, cucumber, snap peas, carrots and roma tomatoes. It is very good and can be eaten just like that or over the top of salad.   You can add whatever type of veggies to it that you like. I like to eat it with a little bit of salad dressing on it. It is good for you, because the veggies are fresh! 


So, BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, Grillin' beans (which by the way if you have never had, I suggest you try them, because they are so good!) and chopped salad for dinner!   My kids gobbled it up! That is the best part of all, knowing that you have made something that they think is super yummy (to quote my son)! 


And to top it off, I made stuffed crescent rolls for dessert. I took a can of crescent rolls and divided them in half. I made 4 of them stuffed with peanut butter chips and 4 of them stuffed with Andes mint chips and then sprinkled a little bit of sugar on top and baked them for 13 minutes. Yummy! Warm bread with yummy goodness inside! 


So as far as slacking, I don't think so! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment