Thursday, July 11, 2013

Beef and vegetables

Here is another Fresh & Easy score that I found on 4th of July!  I have been waiting to try this beef and vegetable slow cooker kit. It comes with a huge slab of beef, seasoning packet and all the veggies: onion, carrots, celery and red potatoes.  It normally cost $14.99, but because they were dated that day, they had them marked down to $1.50!!!!!!! SCORE!!!  They had two of them, so I bought them both.

I put one of the roasts in the freezer.  I put the other roast in the crockpot, with the seasoning, a little more water then it called for and both sets of veggies. I love me some stew type veggies! 

I set the timer for 6 hours on high. After about 4 or so, it was done!  The house smelled so good.

The meat was so tender, it just melted in your mouth!  It fed 3 adults and 2 children. So delicious!

I ended up taking all the veggies out and leaving the broth in. I pulled the other roast out of the freezer and ended up cooking that one too.   We are still eating left overs!  I totally recommend this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment