Thursday, July 11, 2013

Beef, it's what's for dinner!


Our family is not a huge beef eating family.  Chicken and turkey, and some pork, is what we usually eat. Well, knowing that 4th of July is a huge grilling day, I figured that steak would be on sale. For the holiday, Fresh & Easy had their New York Steak on sale for 50% off.  I got two packs for around $12. I have no idea if this was a great price, but I figured, what the heck! ;)

My sister's husband is a steak lover, so I asked Laura for an easy recipe to cook it on the stove, since I didn't have a nice BBQ to BBQ it on!   

My mother-in-law took the steak out of the fridge, for me, an hour before I was going to cook it.  Laura had told me that it would cook better if it was almost room temperature and not as cold.  I turned my burner on and got the pan super hot.... 

I put onion powder, garlic powder and some Lawry's Seasoning salt on both sides.

I took a stick of butter and threw some pats in the pan and tossed in the steaks. Man, it smelled good!

I cooked it, until it looked done-ish, and then flipped them (adding some more butter)!
Now my sister had also told me, that once you pull them from the pan, they will continue to cook, so you want to take them out when they are sorta rare-ish.  The first two came out better than the last two. LOL! But since it was my first time attempting to cook steak, I thought I had done good! ;)

I also had grabbed these veggies to cook as a side.

They sauteed in the mix that had come in the package. I love squash, but the seasoning on them was horrible. I won't buy this again.

Sweet corn was also on sale for 6/$1, so of course I grabbed those! I did my handy dandy microwave trick and steamed up! So so yummy! I love fresh corn!

Other than the squash, the dinner was pretty yummy! I was super hungry and ended up eating the entire piece of steak! So good!  I thought that it turned out pretty good! 

So, now I can officially say that I have made steak and it turned out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment