Saturday, November 1, 2014

Fall garland

Michaels has been having some awesome clearance this week for Halloween and fall products!  I bought this ribbon, regularly $9.99, for $1 each and the blue twine, regularly $2.99, for $0.89!  I knew that I wanted to make a fall project with it, but wasn't sure exactly what. I had pinned a burlap banner on Pinterest last week and decided to do a version of that.  I measured off three, seven inch pieces of both the orange and striped ribbons.  I measured one inch from the top and folded that over.


With a regular black Sharpie marker, I wrote out one of the letters on each of the pieces.
 


I cut off a piece of twine long enough to hang it, and then started hot gluing the top inch down, around the twine. 

I had some simple fall leaves that I cut off the plastic pieces and glued on the first and last letter.

The finished product! 

I am so happy how it came out! I made this garland for under $3 and it turned out really cute!!!
I have already hung it up! I can't wait to put up the rest of my Thanksgiving decorations!

No comments:

Post a Comment