Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pork Stroganoff

Pork stroganoff???? Yes, I said pork stroganoff! 
 
So, for Crock Pot Tuesday this week, I did a variation of beef stroganoff.  We are not huge beef eaters, but we love chicken, turkey and pork. So, I was trying to think of a way to make beef stroganoff, but with a different kind of meat.  While I was at Sam's Club, getting some groceries, I saw some pork stew meat and decided to use that instead. 


So, I kind of went off this recipe and a recipe that my friend had given me. 
http://crockingirls.com/recipes/main-dish/beef/beef-stroganoff-with-cream-cheese.html

Beef Stroganoff with Cream Cheese
1 & 1/4 pound cubed beef stew meat
2 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 chopped onion
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 c. water (or a little more if you want saucy).
Dash of garlic salt
8 oz cream cheese (cut up)
Egg noodles or Amish noodles

Directions:
In slow cooker, combine uncooked meat and all ingredients EXCEPT cream cheese and noodles.
Cook on low setting for 8 hrs or high for about 5 hrs.
Approx. 15-20 min before serving, add the cream cheese; stir occasionally until melted.
Approx. 10 minutes before serving, add uncooked noodles, push down in sauce to get lightly coated; replace lid, but stir occasionally until noodles are soft and ready to eat.

I cut the pork stew chunks a bit smaller, for my kids.  I mixed the 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup with 1 packet of Lipton onion soup mix, instead of using an onion.  I added the worcestershire sauce, the garlic salt and the water.  I put the meat into the crock pot and then poured the soup mixture on top. Set it on low for 8 hours. 


After about 6 and a half hours, it was super bubbly and the meat was breaking apart with a fork.  I cut up the cream cheese and folded it into the meat mixture, until it melted.   By the time that I had served it, the stoganoff was kind of one big mushy mess, but it totally tasted delish! I made egg noddles and then poured the stroganoff mix over the top of them.   


It was super yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment