Thursday, December 13, 2012

BBQ chicken and fixins

Our dinner!

It has rained almost all day today. It is wonderful! I love the rain! So, because of the rain, it has been pretty chilly. I figured it would be a good night to cook in the oven and warm the house up!

I defrosted four chicken breasts.
 
I slathered them up all good with BBQ sauce. I put them in the oven for about 40 minutes or so, at 375 degrees.

I made some cream corn and Bush's Grillin' Beans, Sweet Mesquite flavor.

My MIL (mother-in-law) has taught me a cool trick. When you want to bake a potato, you take a regular produce bag from the grocery store, put your potatoes in it and push the potato button on your microwave.

They come out perfect!

We had BBQ chicken, cream corn, Bush's Grillin' Beans sweet mesquite flavor and baked potatoes for dinner. It was super yummy! And once again, we got to all sit down and eat together, since Eric was home! I really have been enjoying that!  And then once we were done eating, our power went out!  I was just glad that we got to finish eating! ;)  
PS:  The power was only out for about 20 minutes this time. It was most likely due to the weather, but it was our whole block again. On November 29th, the whole grid that we are on had gone out for over 2 hours. It has been strange, but at least it came back on!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment