Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pizza in a crock pot



This is by far, one of our family's favorite crock pot recipes! I am so glad that I stumbled across Budget Savvy Diva on Pinterest and found this! Yummy!

Here is the link for the actual recipe
http://www.budgetsavvydiva.com/2012/02/pizza-crock-pot/


Ingredients
1 Pound of Ground Beef. 
I have always used ground turkey, since we don't eat much beef.
1 Green Pepper Chopped
1 Onion Chopped
1 teaspoon Onion Powder
1 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
1 Clove of Garlic Minced
1 Teaspoon of Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
24 Ounces of Sauce ( pizza or pasta sauce)
2 Tablespoon Tomato Paste. I use the whole can of tomato paste
3 Cups of Cooked Pasta
6 ounce of Pepperoni. I use turkey pepperoni
3 Cups of Mozzarella
1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil

Instructions
1. In a pan heat oil then add onions and pepper and cook ( 10 min) add garlic and cook for one minute. Add ground beef and cook till browned – make sure to drain.
2. Stir in sauce, tomato past, salt, pepper, garlic powder; onion powder. 
3. In your crock pot place cooked pasta on the bottom.
4. Then add beef mixture.
5. Then Pepperoni 
6. Then add 2 cups of cheese
7. Set the crock pot to low and cook for 3 hours. Mix then add last cup of cheese and cook for 30 more minutes.
8. Enjoy


I chopped up the bell pepper and the onion (I used half a red and half a white onion).

Added the onions and bell pepper to the ground turkey and browned it.

All ready to add all the other ingredients

Everything else added and ready to mix it up

After coking the noodles, I added them to the crock pot

Added the meat mixture on top of the noodles, then I chopped up the turkey pepperoni and added that on the top of everything.

Then I added the cheese... you can never have too much cheese!  
Set the crock pot on low for 3 hours and let it cook.

When the 3 hours was up, I added some more cheese and let it get warm.  It was ready to eat.

Yummy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment