Thursday, August 15, 2013

Chicken bruschetta pasta


I take pictures of what I make for dinner with the full intention of blogging them... and then I forget! LOL! So, I made this dinner on August 6th.  This is something fairly new by Kraft and I found it on clearance at Albertsons for $2.  I figured it look kind of good, so why not?!?

I had some chicken that I needed to use, so I decided to make this for dinner.  I cut the chicken up and put it into the pan to brown some.

The recipe called for you to cube the chicken and cook it that way, but the chicken I had shredded when I tried to cut it, so I just did that.  I added half the basil garlic simmer sauce to the chicken. It smelled so good!

The recipe called for 3 cups of bow tie pasta, and me being the genius that I am, decided to make the whole box of pasta. Bad idea! For some reason, I thought that 3 cups wouldn't be enough and the whole box would be plenty. Well, it was more than plenty. Lesson learned, follow the directions, Heidi! 

I added the pasta to the chicken and then added the rest of the basil garlic sauce to the mix.

Then I added the chunky bruschetta finishing sauce on top of that.  Because there was so much pasta, there wasn't enough sauce, so it was a bit dry.

Then you add parmesan cheese to the top of it all... and let it warm up!

We usually eat corn with our pasta, so I made some corn to go on the side.

I really like the flavors, and besides it being too dry, it turned out pretty good! 
I will definitely follow the directions next time, though! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment