Monday, May 7, 2012

Bacon anyone?

Am I the only one who struggles with what to make for dinner every night? I mean, Tuesday are ok, because I can always find something for the crock pot. All the other days ending in Y, that's another thing! LOL! 


I have made this before, but tonight, I tried to change it up a bit. I took chicken breasts and cut them in half, making chicken strips. I then rolled them around in some good ole BBQ sauce and then wrapped bacon around them!  With bacon, how could you go wrong? You can't!  I put those in the oven (at 400 degrees) for around 20 minutes or so. 


I made some crescent rolls, mixed veggies and some ranch mashed potatoes to go with it.  I make some instant mashed potatoes and throw some ranch powder in the there! Those are always a big hit with my kids! 


I had pulled the chicken out and put it in the broiler to crisp up the bacon. I set the timer for 10 minutes. Well, when the timer went off, those chickies (what we call chicken - chickie) were a bit done! LOL! They had a nice blackened finish to them. I didn't factor in the BBQ sauce and that it would help cook it too. Oooppss!  But let me tell you, they sure tasted good! I have made it with just the bacon before, but never the BBQ sauce. I liked it that way!


My kid's dinner plates

So, dinner was a hit! Now dinner for the rest of the week, that is another question! 

PS: On a side note, after going to two more Albertsons, I finally found some more of the women's Speed Stick in stock, so I was able to use my last two Qs. 

Albertsons shopping trip 5/7/12
Total OOP $0.62 for the tax!, saved 100%!
BOGO (buy 1 get 1) sale, paired with BOGO MQ 
= 4 free deodorants!
I think that the hubby and I are set on deodorant for like a year or more now!


No comments:

Post a Comment