Thursday, October 2, 2014

Bling it on!

Don't mind me... just getting caught up on some past things that happened this weekend!


This past weekend was the Color Me Runner 5K event.  I had asked my friend, Laura, to do the race with me. No way we were running, but we planned on walking the whole thing. Anywho...

I had picked up the t-shirt for the event, but wanted to fix it up some, because it needed some help! LOL! For a color event, it was SO plain! 


I decided to add some fringe to the bottom, figuring it would make the shirt a bit looser and more comfortable. 


I started by trying on the shirt, and then having my daughter mark with a pencil where I wanted the fringe to start.  I took a ruler and a purple Sharpie and marked a line straight across the bottom of the shirt.


Then, I marked every half inch where I wanted to cut the shirt, making the fringe. So far, so good! 


Again with my daugther's help, we cut the fringe in the shirt, holding both the front and the back together as we cut and this was the end result.


I also wanted to color in the wing's on the shoes.  I used Sharpie fabric markers and colored them pink, purple, blue and black.  It made it stand out much better!


I like how it turned out! It made it much more fun, than just a plain ole t-shirt! ;)  And I was actually the only one at the race who had fringe!

No comments:

Post a Comment