Thursday, October 2, 2014

Color Me Runner 5K

COLOR ME RUNNER 5K EVEN
on
SEPTEMBER 28, 2014

My friend, Laura, and I! 
All pristine and white before the race started!

On this past Sunday, at the Eagle Falls Golf Course, was the Color Me Runner 5K event.  This event was to benefit The Well in the Desert, feeding the hungry and the homeless! An awesome cause! 

the beautiful golf course

Laura and I arrived a little before the 8 a.m. start time.  There were about 300 or so people there.  People of all ages and sizes and lots of families.

(Check out the group in the fun tutus!!!)

The event people made an announcement and the race was on.  They started throwing the vegetable dye color on us as soon as we started. Throughout the race, there were 2 other stations where they threw the color on us.  It was literally people digging their hands into boxes and throwing the color on you as you walked or ran past them! 

lots of walkers

 
me

Laura

We walked at a nice leisurely pace.  It was a big loop around the golf course.   We did the loop twice, which equaled around 3 miles, or so they told us! 
 
When we got to the end of the course, they had this fun balloon arch that you went through.
 


 

Laura and I decided it would be fun to go through the arch like we were going in slow motion... yes, I'm a dork and I thought it would be funny! 
 
Laura finishing the race

I literally heard the theme music from the Bionic Woman or the Six Million Dollar Man running through my head when we did this!
  So funny!


We had lots of fun and got covered in color! I would have liked way more color, but we still got pretty doused!

I did it!

We had to take the token selfie and post it on Instagram, saying WE DID IT!!!!!!  
We survived!!!!!!!!!!

The only casualty was this nasty blister on my heal.  By the time we made to the end of the race, I just took my shoes off and walked barefoot back to the car, where I had very wisely brought flip flops!

Here a few colored selfies that I took when we got back to the car. I was trying to show how much color I actually got on me.  It was mostly on my arms and my neck.

Laura had a huge dose of blue all over her face!

 I love this side by side comparison that Laura made! Before and after 3 miles and we are still smiling! I totally thought that I would be like this is my one and only race, but I had so much fun, I would totally do it again!!!!

To celebrate our race victory, we went out to breakfast at Farmer Bros. for this yummy breakfast! The breakfast of champions after our  hard and treacherous (SO kidding!) race!!!

When I got home, I took pictures of my shirt, to show all the colors.
 Laura's handprint on my back

 My shirt

I had so much fun and would love to do another one!   But let me tell you, the color is really hard to get off! I had to scrub and scrub, but it was totally worth it! 

(some of the pictures I took and some Laura took)

No comments:

Post a Comment