Saturday, October 25, 2014

Washi tape anyone?

Hi, my name is Heidi and I have this obsession with washi tape!   Ok, let's be perfectly honest here, I have an obsession with all craft supplies! LOL!  But this week, it has been washi tape galore!  Between the sales at Michael's and Joann's (or even Staples last week, where I found some Scotch Expressions on clearance for $1 and got 12 rolls for free with the coupons that I had!), I found some really awesome deals on washi and got some fun new patterns!  I use it for everything, but this week, I really had fun making homemade birthday cards with it! 

Any who.... I have overrun my little box that I was keeping them in and wanted to put them in something larger, where I didn't have to dig through all of them to find the one I want.  Plus the OCD side of me wanted to organize them by color and not haphazardly throw them in a craft bin! Ha!  

So, here was my project for the day.  I had this empty box from work, upcycyling it, baby!    I also had this wonderful washi adhesive sheets that I wanted to try out. This set had 5 different patterns, but I knew that I would probably never use the brown one for anything, so here goes...
The white on the sheets becomes transparent as it is laid down, so I wanted to cover up the words on the top of the box.  I took a white piece of paper and simply glue sticked it down on the top of the box.  I used a plastic gift card (from Starbucks, where else, lol) to smooth out the sheet.

Then, with my daughter's help, I gently laid the washi sheet on top of it, a little bit at a time, smoothing it out as I went.  The sheet was big enough to cover the whole top and parts of the side.

Now, I needed to cover up the sides of the box.  I had this glittery silver tape from the dollar bin at Target. I have had it for a while and it doesn't stick very well, so I  used the glue stick again and glued it on the edges... it worked out well.  

You would think that brown and sparkly silver wouldn't go together, but I like how it turned out!

Again, with my daughter's help, we organized the washi by color and patterns.... I have so many, but I LOVE IT!   I just started lining them up in the box.  I realized that I wasn't going to fit all of them in one box.  
Washi anyone??? ;)

I quickly made up another box that I had, using the same glittery silver tape, gluing it down, and then another black and white washi tape that I just covered the top in, one row at a time.
I like having them all in on spot and I can easily see what I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment