Thursday, October 9, 2014

Perfectly imperfect

I finally got up the nerve to do another verse in my new journaling Bible.  Our pastor had recently concluded his teachings on the book of Hebrews. I had learned so many things.  The verse that stuck with me was Hebrews 13:8, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  Pastor Mike said that this verse was the same in every Bible translation there was!  

My supplies: a ruler, Sharpie fine point pens, Prang colored pencils (that I had won in the lovely giveaway from Lori Leissner), a Recollections rotary date stamp (that I just bought today at Michaels with a 50% regular priced item coupon!) and of course washi tape (also from Lori!)

I was trying to figure out how I was going to design my page.  I looked on some of my Pinterest boards: Doodletastic, Printastic and Journaling Bible. I saw a fun border that I liked and I started with that. I wanted to try some fancy lettering, but I opted to go with my own handwriting, which I happen to like! ;)

I drew straight lines with the ruler and then put washi tape down, forming a box.  I then stamped some squiggly lines around it, which look like a doodle. It was my first time using the stamp, so it is a bit messy, but that's ok! 

I wrote out the verse in pencil, very lightly to decide how I wanted to space it. I then erased it and started to write it out with the Sharpie pen.

And then, this happened....
I made a MISTAKE! I started to spell Christ wrong. I wanted to CRY! After trying to make this page so perfect, I had misspelled a very easy word.  

I tried to fix it and I couldn't get past how ugly it looked!

Then it struck me, you know what I am not perfect and God loves me no matter what! It's ok if I made a mistake. I am only human after all!

I put a sticker over the misspelled word and rewrote it, spelling it correctly this time!

I highlighted the verse in yellow colored pencil.

I am happy with how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment