Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Adding some fun pages in my planner

For my Documented Faith planner/journal, I wanted to add something of my kids into it.  As usual, I was perusing Pinterest and saw a pin that inspired me.

I had my kids pick out a sheet of scrapbook paper that they liked.  I traced their hands onto the paper.  

I don't know about you, but I love tracing my kids' hands, so I can look back and see how much they have grown.  The other day, I found one of my daughter's hand tracings from when she was a toddler. It's hard to believe how much they have grown up! Makes me sad that time is going so fast, but makes me treasure every moment!  Ok, done with the sappy mom stuff and back to the current project. ;)

I cut out their hands and asked them to write their names in their own handwriting.  I then cut a piece of cardstock paper to fit the size of the planner page. I picked out washi tape for each of them and then proceeded to cover the page.  I had thought I was going to do it one way, then ended up doing it this way and I think it looks better!

  I also wrote their ages on their opposite hand. 

I added their nicknames to their pages and then adhered them onto my planner page.

I added their school pictures onto both of their pages.


I am so happy with how it all turned out.  My planner is getting thicker and thicker, but I LOVE this project!!! It and my journaling Bible have really brought back my creative mojo! I felt like I had lost it and didn't want to scrapbook or do anything crafty.... but now, it's back! Yay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment