Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Making new backgrounds

Pinterest, Instagram, the Journaling Bible Facebook group and the Documented Faith Facebook groups are the best place to find inspirations!   I am always being inspired by someone's posts or pins!  And plus, it's fun to try new things out.

That being said, here goes something new! ;)

My daughter had a bag of rocks that she let me use.  I laid them out on a piece of card stock paper.

I then spray misted them with black, seafoam (a pretty green metallic) and silver.

I picked up the rocks and it leaves these voids in the paper.  I can used the voids to write it or do whatever I want.   Not sure what I will use it for, but we will see! 
Here is a closeup of the colors.  I think that it looks like sand or dirt almost, but super pretty! LOL!

Next, I had some sticky mesh that I put down in strips on the paper.  I sprayed this page with almost all of my colors... real cherry, teal, gold, silver, citron, and seafoam.  I like the pattern of this!

a closeup of the mesh pattern

 

I saw a post in one of my FB groups where someone had used an old dictionary page and had drawn or painted some pictures on the page with the text as the background.  I was really intrigued with this idea.  I bought a dictionary at the 99 Cent Only Store.  I tore out a page and placed some mesh and two of my stencils on it.  I sprayed it with a few different colors.  

I learned a cool trick from watching a tutorial on YouTube.  When you spray your stencils, there is going to be residual spray left on the stencil's surface.  You can flip the stencil over and put it down on another piece of card stock, using the ink up!  That way, your ink isn't wasted!  I actually placed the paper on top of the stencils after I sprayed the bottom sheets and then gently pressed down.   


This is how it turned out.  Looks pretty cool! The negative imprint of the stencils turned out nicely!

Here are the sheets of paper that I had done so far.


I tore out a few more pages from the dictionary and used my stencils.  My heart stencil has a lot of surface area, so the negative imprint is SO pretty! I had used purple, silver and black on that page!  LOVE!!!!!

 
Closeup of the negative impression

 A closeup of the 3 dictionary pages. You can see the shimmer of the sprays.

Here are all the sheets that I did. I had fun playing with different stencils and colors and CRAFTING!!!  I might, key word being might, paint on the dictionary pages.  I am not an artist, but have had fun trying out new things and I am so inspired by this project! 

Please stay tuned!!!!

2 comments: