Thursday, January 1, 2015

Squash soup

Happy New Year! 

I was looking at my pictures and realized that I had tons of them, with every intention of blogging it and I never got to it! So now, be ready to blasted with a whole bunch of posts!   I want to start blogging more and I'm starting now!

Every year, my father-in-law goes to the family cabin in Utah.  One of the neighbors up there has a homegrown garden! One of the things he grows is squash.  My FIL brings me home some Utah squash! Let me tell you, these things are massive! He gave me half a squash and it was almost a foot long! I did say that they are massive, right? ;)

Anyways, last year, I made squash soup out of it and my family loved it, so I decided to do it again!

the ingredients

A few days prior, I had peeled and cut up the squash to save it for this soup.  So, we have squash, carrots, celery, canola oil/EVOO/grapeseed oil, onion, salt, thyme and chicken broth. 

I ended up adding the whole bag of carrots and extra celery, just to add more veggies in! 


and another onion

All the yumminess cooking together!

It cooks to this amazing looking chunky soup!

But I like to make it into a cream of squash soup, so I use this handy dandy hand blender! Just blend away! 

Voila, cream of squash soup!!!

So so yummy!

Look a that gorgeous color!  
Thanks, Roland!

No comments:

Post a Comment