Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Week 1/2 and Week 3 verse

This is the Bible verse for Week 1 and 2 of Documented Faith.  
Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future!"
I kept it pretty simple. I used my Sharpie pens, some page flags (the peach and turquoise) from Target dollar bins, some stickers from Joann's, my Smash Book date stamp with Heidi Swapp black ink, and some alphabet stamps and stickers.   

For week 3, our verse was Psalm 25:4-5 NIV, "Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths, guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior and my hope is in you all day long."

I was looking through Pinterest again and saw a pin that inspired me.  Now for my projects, I use a spiral notebook for what I call my scribble notebook. I write down some ideas and play with it a bit, before I decide to actually do the entry in my Bible.  

This was my first page of drawing it out and trying some different ideas.  I also like to try different fonts out to see what I like the best. I am still learning hand lettering, so usually I just use my own handwriting. 
Here is my second page, where I tried some different things out.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, so I like to do it this way first! 

It took me quite some time to complete this entry.  I used a ruler and penciled everything in first.  Then, I went over it with my Sharpie pens and then erased my pencil marks.

 
I colored it in with my Prang colored pencils.  I think that this is absolutely beautiful, if I don't say so myself!   My favorite part is the heart with the swirls!

No comments:

Post a Comment