Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 25

Day 25: Something that you miss

Hmmm... something that I miss?  Being debt free!  I hate being burdened by bills.  Why does our world have to run on money? Ack! Why do we have to be adults and have responsibilities? It is a scary thing.  You go to college and end up with tons of bills. Then you work, to pay for college, even if you didn't finish, like me.  Then you get married and have kids and you have more bills. I wish that I could be one of those lucky people who are debt free, but I am not.  

But the first step for us to become debt free, was no more credit cards!  Every since we stopped using our credit cards, I have had such a sense of relief! It's not like we were going out and buying frivolous things, we were paying our bills. It is hard when you barely live paycheck to paycheck. Or when you are paying out more than you are making. 

Needless to say, we are working on becoming debt free! Then, we can start saving for our own home! Thank you, Lord!

1 comment:

  1. That was our big thing. We had some credit card debt from a move about 6 years ago, and living off the CC's while it took my hubby 3 months to find work after the move (his company had been bought out and he had been given severance).

    We worked towards the goal of paying them off, because he wouldn't buy a house til we did. We paid off the last of our CC debt in Feb/Mar out of his last bonus check. Our only debt is the 2 cars (and soon to be house).

    Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete