Thursday, August 2, 2012

Lemons



You know that old adage, when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade?  Well, I don't want any lemonade! I want life to be fair, but life isn't fair and never will be.

After work yesterday, I had an errand to run. After I went to the Super Target, I was driving home on the freeway. I looked up in the rear view mirror and saw smoke.  I looked down at my gauge and my car was overheating.  I called Eric and pulled off into a parking lot to let it cool off. Luckily, it was only 100 degrees yesterday and overcast, so it wasn't super hot. Hey, it could have been 118!  I sat in the car and waited for it to cool off. After about a half an hour, I tried to start it up to make it home and it wouldn't start. It was just too hot. So, I called my best friend and she came to my rescue and picked me up and took me home. After work, Eric and a buddy of his went to get the car. Long story short, my radiator is cracked and needs to be replaced. This summer has been a rough one for my car. We have had to deal with no AC all summer and now this. Sucks!  But hey, it could be much worse! I just wish that I could get a new car, but we can't afford that right now! 


I went to the Indio Super Target to get some back to school deals.  I got some really good deals!


8/1/12: Indio Target, total OOP $2.72!
2 cherry vanilla Pepsi Next, $1 each, used $0.55 MQ = $0.45 each + CRV
8 Roseart packs of 24 crayons $0.25 each
2 Roseart 12 count of colored pencils $0.52 each
2 Roseart packs of 10 count markers $0.52 each, used 4 $1/3 MQ any Roseart product


8/1/12 Indio Target: total OOP $25.37
1 Cars Lego 67 piece Duplo set for my little boy, originally $48.79, marked 70% off at $14.63
1 Tonka car thing for my big boy (hubby, Eric) originally $24.99,  marked 70% off at $7.48
2 packs of Paper Mate pens $0.94 each, used $1/1 TQ = FREE
2 packs of pencils $1 each, used $1/2 MQ = $1 for both
8 Roseart packs of 24 crayons $0.25 each
2 Roseart 12 count of colored pencils $0.52 each and 
2 Roseart packs of 10 count markers $0.52 each, used 4 $1/3 MQ any Roseart product

No comments:

Post a Comment