Thursday, October 4, 2012

And dinner is...

I made Ranch chicken and some Bird's Eye parmesan vegetable risotto.  I took 2 chicken breasts (they were frozen - makes it easier to cut them up) and cut them into small chunks.  I put some olive oil in the pan and cooked them up. While they were cooking, I sprinkled them with lots of Ranch powder. Smelled so good!   I steamed the risotto in the microwave and voila, dinner was done! 

chicken cooking with the Ranch powder on it

risotto
 
 My dinner: big salad, ranch chicken and risotto

I loved dinner, but my kids were so so about it. My son ate all the veggies out of the rice (both my kids prefer veggies over meat almost any day - I know, I'm blessed, lol!) and most of his chicken. He has not been eating much dinner lately, so I was happy that he ate 75% of it. 

My daughter, on the other hand, had maybe two bites of chicken and then didn't want to eat anymore.  She wasn't feeling the greatest, because she had just done this, right before dinner was ready.
She and her brother were playing and she came around the corner a little to short and smacked her head on the door frame. Well, she was wearing a headband, so that cut into her head. She has this nice little gash on her head now. It bled for a little bit and had a bit of a goose egg under it. It wasn't too deep, so it didn't bleed very long! So glad for that!  So, I kept her up for a little bit longer than usual tonight, because you can never be too careful with a bumped head! She didn't feel like eating, so she went to bed.

I had gone in the fridge for something and noticed that the asparagus that I purchased earlier this week was getting a bit slimy. I didn't want it to go to waste, so I cooked it. It was my first time cooking asparagus, so I winged it! ;)

I washed the slime off and then I chopped the ends off all of the stalks.

all ready to cook

I put them in the pan with some water and 2 little pats of Knorr's homestyle chicken stock.  I then put the lid on and let them steam.

They turned this gorgeous color of bright green and they were done! They tasted so yummy! The stalks were a bit chewy and stringy, but the tops were scrumptious!!!

Anyways, those were my adventures for today. I hope that everyone is having a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment