Monday, October 8, 2012

Salmon

Sundays are our family day!  I like to make a nice dinner, so that we can all sit down together and eat.  

Yesterday, the kids and I went to church and then went to Sam's Club for a few things. While I was at Sam's, I got a craving for some salmon, so I bought some for dinner.

I took the salmon fillets and drizzled them with some extra virgin olive oil and then sprinkled them with some Mrs. Dash seasoning.  I usually use lemon pepper, but decided to try something different. Next time, I will go back to the lemon pepper! ;)

I steamed some veggies. My kids had been asking for some broccoli! Sam's had recently changed the brand of broccoli that they carry, and I don't like the new brand at all (it spoils too quickly).  So this time, I bought some mixed veggies. I honestly didn't think that I liked cauliflower, but it turned out really good.  Steamed veggies are one of my favorites!

I made some cheddar broccoli rice to go with it all

I cut some French bread into slices, slathered it with butter and then sprinkled some cheese on it.  I usually add garlic, but was thinking about the kids.

Cheesy bread, all ready to go in the oven

Yummy salmon all done and ready to eat

Here is my dinner! I love to have a salad with my dinner!

My son enjoying his cheesy bread

Grrr! My toothless girl eating her bread


Dinner turned out really well! Yummy! It had been quite some time since we had had salmon! Looking forward to eating it again! 

And for dessert, we had these DELISH pumpkin muffins from Sam's. They had these last year and I was super excited to see them back again! So good!  Now that it is cooling off, I can't wait to start baking some of my own!  But that is another day and another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment