Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Chili!


Game Day Chili
1 pound lean ground beef (I used ground turkey, because we don't eat beef)
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 cans (15 oz.) red kidney beans, undrained
2 packages (1.25oz.) chili seasoning mix
1 can (15oz.) tomato sauce
1 can (10oz.) diced tomatoes and green chilies (Rotel)

I added:
1 can of black beans, drained
1 can of roasted garlic diced tomatoes, undrained

Browned the turkey, bell pepper and onion.  It smelled so good! 

Put the turkey mixture in the crock pot
I forgot to take a picture, but in a large bowl, combine all the other ingredients together.
 Add the mixture to the beef and gently stir.
Set the crock pot to low for 6 hours.

After about 5 hours, the house was smelling so good and I was super hungry, so we just ate! ;)  

Yummy to my tummy! 
I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with myself! I think that the chili was better than some canned ones that I have had before! I will totally make this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment