Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Homemade pizza

My adorable helpers!

On Saturday, I thought that it would be fun for the kids and I to make our own pizza! Pizza is always a huge hit at our house and I had got this kit on sale at Vons. 


Jacob pouring in one bag of the dough mix

 
Shianne pouring in the other bag of dough mix

 
Adding the very warm water


Mixing it up

Once all the dough was mixed, you drizzle some vegetable oil over the top of it

Then cover and put somewhere warm.  I had let the microwave run for a minute and then put it inside there when it was done - nice and warm.

After 5 minutes, you kneaded it into a ball.  The kids had so much fun doing this part!

It's squishy! It tickles! It's sticky! 

I heard it all! They loved getting their hands dirty! ;)

Next, you divide the dough in two and then spread on a pan.  It was quite warm on Saturday, so I didn't want to run the big oven. So, I used the toaster oven.  I made it into a square shape! 

Cover with pizza sauce

And sprinkle with cheese.. Shianne helped! 

Ready to go in the oven! 

It said to bake it until the crust was golden brown and the sauce was bubbling.  The inside was super goey, so I ended up baking it for around 30 minutes, I think.

All done!  

And ready to eat!

I made the other half and baked up another pizza! There were some leftovers, but Jacob finished the last two pieces last night! It was fun and a big hit!


No comments:

Post a Comment