Sunday, October 21, 2012

Tuna boats

I was trying to figure out something for dinner tonight. I had asked Shianne if she wanted a grilled cheese sandwich, or a grilled meat and cheese sandwich or a grilled tuna sandwich and then I had an idea! Tuna boats! My mom used to make them all the time when I was a kid and I loved them!

All you need are 3 ingredients: tuna, English muffins and cheese!  And a toaster oven does all the work! 


First, I toasted the English muffins in the toaster

Second, I put a layer of tuna salad on them (I mixed tuna, some mustard, mayo and some pickle relish together)

Third, put a slice of cheese on top - I folded the cheese in, so it wouldn't melt everywhere!

Then, I put them in the toaster oven, set on toast, until the cheese gets all nice and melted! 

Voila! Dinner is done! 

Tuna boats totally remind me of when I was a kid! I love them! I don't know why I have never made them for my kids before!  It's an easy and quick dinner and they were a big hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment