Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Mummy dogs

I was on Pinterest trying to figure out what to make for dinner. I thought, well, the kids haven't had mummy dogs since last year! I won't eat them, because I'm not a big fan of hot dogs, but the kids gobble them up! So, that's what's for dinner tonight. I love it, because they are SO simple to make. 

If you want the actual link for the recipe, here it is. 
http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/crescent-mummy-dogs/d52a57d7-ab8a-4a1c-8dae-f9f90d03b912

Every since we had these at a Halloween party a few years ago, my kids love them!  You are supposed to cut the crescent rolls into strips, but that is too  much work for me! LOL!  So even though there are no strips of "mummy wrap" on them, we still call them mummy dogs! 


3 simple ingredients: hot dogs, crescent rolls and cheese

Slice the hot dogs down the middle, but not all the way through

Add some cheese

Wrap the crescent roll around the hot dog. I usually put the widest piece over the cheese part

All ready to go in the oven

Put them in the oven at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until they are golden brown.

Almost done!

All done, the cheese sorta melted everywhere

And my dinner is a big salad with the leftover Ranch chicken from the other night! Yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment