Friday, February 6, 2015

Just don't look down and you won't fall!

What can I say, I'm addicted!

I bought my first modeling paste.  Using my dollar store "pallet knives", I spread some over my stencil.  I choose the stars and the hearts for my first go! 

I let it dry overnight and this is what it looks like when it dries naturally.

This is another Donna Downey inspired piece! This one was super fun to do to! I chose some cool colors!  Royal violet, white, neon pink, ocean breeze and charcoal!

I dripped and drizzled paint all around my two page spread.   

I thought it needed more, so I added more!!!

Now comes the fun part!!!  You take a piece of paper (I used some cardstock) and swirl the paper around in a circular motion. 

This is just my cardstock paper, but look HOW PRETTY is that????? Love it!

Here is my art journal!  It is so pretty! But as you can see, the one side wasn't done, so we (my girl was helping me) added more paint and swirled away! ;)

Again, it makes for some very pretty cardstock, that I can also use in my journal!

I dripped some more paint on top of it all and then dried it with the blow dryer.  I used my fingers and painted some of the outer edges where the stars and hearts were.


I used a polka dot stencil and spray misted the corners in Tattered Angels Chalkboard shimmer mist in Amethyst and Heidi Swapp Color Shine in teal.  It just gives it a little more umph! ;)

I used an alphabet stencil and spray misted on top of that with Heidi Swapp Color Shine in black.  I am hands on with my crafting, so it tends to get all over the place! ;)


This week, I have been listening to Air1 radio, which is our local Christian music station.  I heard this song that I really liked and the lyrics stuck in my head.

Here is the video of the song.
"Edge of My Life" by Manafest

I used a Crayola fat marker in black and then highlighted it with grey, to write out the the lyric.  I  like how it turned out! It was so fun to make!


No comments:

Post a Comment