Sunday, February 22, 2015

Unnamed


I had SO much fun doing this piece!  I had the inspiration to do my background in BLACK gesso. Black is one of my favorite colors!   I didn't have black gesso, so I decided to make my own!

I took my white gesso and black paint and mixed them together in an old lunch meat dish.  Well, you know what happens when you mix white and black??? You get gray!   I just kept adding more black paint, to make it the color that I wanted.

I heavily painted my page.

I then used my hair dryer to dry the paint.

I have these pages that I use as my smoosh pages.  Whenever I have excess paint, I smoosh them onto these pages and it makes for some really cool designs.  I took one of these pages and punched out a bunch of squares.

I Mod Podged the squares onto the page.  I love the brightness of the colors against the black!

I had recently watched a tutorial on Pinterest about print making with a plastic baggie. I wanted to try it out, so I decided to try it on a scrap piece of paper.  I always do that with a new technique, because you never know how it will turn out.

I painted a neon pink flower on the baggie.

My daughter helped me. I flipped over the baggie onto the paper and she used the brayer to push it down on the paper.

This is how it turned out. I don't think that I used enough paint.

Take 2!
 
The glitter paint just smooshed all over the page, so you're looking at my new smoosh page!

I just started playing with my paints and made some different designs on the page.

I have been pinning more and more mixed media ideas on Pinterest.  I had come across a pin for making your own stamps out of foam.  I cut some shapes and glued them onto some cereal box pieces.  I cut the circles out and my daughter glued them on. She is my big helper! 

I painted the shapes and then stamped them on the page.

I also painted some bubble wrap and made it part of the design.  

I took my art journal outside, dripped and slinged some paint on the page.  That was fun!  The bright colors on the black look very intergalactic! 

I used my handmade circle stamp, painted it with pearlescent white paint and stamped it on the page.
I added some little paint accents and then I was finally done. 
I usually add some quote or words to my page, but I decided this page was good just as it was! 
Left side

 Right side

I LOVE LOVE LOVE how it turned out! So vibrant and colorful! Lots of my favorite colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment