Saturday, February 21, 2015

Spread your wings

This project took me several days, because I was stuck on what I wanted to do! 

I started off with a dollup of Ocean Breeze and turquoise paint. I blended them together to create a new color.

After gessoing my page, I used this stencil to make large polka dots in the new blended color.

I love how it looks like this! 

I then sprayed a stencil with Heidi Swapp Color Mist in mustard.  I used my new brayer and rolled it onto the page.  

It was very subtle and I wasn't sure how I liked it.  I don't really like yellow, but it came across as gold, so it was ok.

More ideas were had!  Violet, neon purple, neon pink, charcoal grey and silver paint!

I did two coats of paint.  I like how the mustard stenciling only shows on the polka dots now.

Now, after I did this, I got stuck on where to go from here! After 2 days, I finally had an idea.

I had found these Wilton squeeze bottles at Walmart, for $0.74 each!  I figured they would be good for art purposes.  I mixed a 50/50 ratio of water and black paint in the bottle.

I laid an art tarp (I use an old sheet) under my book, circled the paint around the circles and let it drip down the page.  The water makes it more runny than usual.

This is what the page looked like when I was done dripping the paint.  I also dripped black drops around the page.  I love the splattered drop look!

I was looking at some things online and found a stamp in the Dyan Reaveley Ranger line that I really liked the quote from. "Until you spread your wings, you have no idea how far you'll fly." I used my mini alpha stamps and stamped it onto some white cardstock. I then took my brown ink pad and dirtied up the white, to give it an aged look.  

I stamped the date on a tag and ripped it in half.  I felt very Donna Downey-ish in doing so, as she loves to use "brown dot" tags in her pieces for her dates!  It is my first brown dot tag, even though it doesn't have a brown dot, lol! My hubbins even commented about that! He has seen me watch a gajillion of her videos!  And yes, I said a gajillion! 


I had some bird tags from a Michaels sale a while back that I also used on the page. They reminded me of my bestie, Shelby, because of our matching best friend tattoos!


I love the funness (I just made up a word there) of this page! 

No comments:

Post a Comment