Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Tag, you're it! ;)

Once again, I was inspired by a Pinterest pin! 

I had some tags that I traced onto some card stock paper.  I cut them out, so I would have lots of extras! 

I Mod Podged them onto my page and then gessoed over them.

I had started this last week, but couldn't figure out what I wanted to do, so I let it sit.  Then, inspiration hit! 

I had some watercolor pencils that I had bought at Michaels, but never used!  After watching a Donna Downey YouTube tutorial (she is an AMAZING artist!), I was inspired to try them out.

I had my 8 year old daughter help me pick out a rainbow of colors.  This is right up her alley, since she has been obsessed with rainbows since Kindergarten! I took my tag page and scribbled across the page with all the Roy G. Biv colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet).

Then, I took a spray water bottle, and one by one, I sprayed and slowly blended the colors.  My daughter did the yellow and my son did the blue section.  When I was done with all the colors, I gently took a roll of paper towels that I use for my art and rolled it across the page to soak up the major wet spots.  I then used my hair blow dryer to dry the page.

I then drew part of a heart on the page.  The cool thing about the watercolor pencils is that they can be used wet or dry.  I dipped the tip of the black pencil in water and drew the heart.  Then, I gently smudged the line with my finger.

I picked out a quote from Pinterest and dug out some old sticker letters.

When I took this picture, the letters were just not popping off the page like I wanted.  They were not very bold.

"Create art one color at a time"
I took a black Sharpie pen and outlined the letters and cut some of the bigger ones down.  I then dripped gold Heidi Swapp Color Shine mist onto the page to give it a bit more of a pop!

It was fun to try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment