Saturday, February 21, 2015

Love is in the air

This past week, I was talking to my daughter's teacher from 1st grade.  She is the teacher that stays at the gate for after school pickup.  She was telling me that she has been reading my blog posts.  I was telling her that I did an art journal entry, but I didn't really care for it.  She said that I should blog about it anyways, even if I didn't like it, because it's all a learning process.  So, here you go, Mrs. McKay!

I had just finished doing the newsletters for work and I had all these empty stamp sheets left over.  They have little stickers on all the sheets and I decided to use those on my pages for texture.


I just randomly stuck the stickers down, all over both pages. (Sorry, for the blurry picture!)


A closeup

I took some Valentine paper and ripped it and then Mod Podged it on the sides of the pages.


I took my 12" Heidi Swapp stencil and silver Recollections spray mist and sprayed the page. I ended up not liking the silver spray (looked dirty), so I lined back up the stencil and sprayed again with Heidi Swapp Color Mist in red.  It looked much better and the silver on one page gave the red a nice outline!

I had bought a set of adhesive stencils at the 99 Cent Only Store. I stuck it on the bottom of the page and spray misted it with Heidi Swapp Color Shine in black.  It was too faint and again, I didn't like it, so I opted to paint it with black paint.

I then did the heart in red.

The color smudged a bit on the birds, but I think that it was the spray mist, not the paint.  See, another learning curve! 

I took some Valentine stamps I had and stamped them on the page.  I wanted this page to be love themed, because my husband and I had just celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary!   


I really should have stopped here, but the page still looked unfinished to me!  So, I pulled out my Valentine stickers and added them on the page.

So, here is my finished page.  It's not my favorite piece, but I do like the birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment