Saturday, November 3, 2012

Feeding an army, well not really ;)

Last week, my friend had her beautiful baby girl.  I told her that I would make her some meals and then come and visit her and get to see her new baby! On Thursday, I spent almost 5 hours in the kitchen making a huge variety of things!  And then, on Friday, after my daughter got out of school, the whole family and I went up to her house and spent the evening with her and her family! We had such a great time and I got to snuggle with a precious baby!  And yes, it gave me baby fever, but I am keeping it in check! LOL! ;)

I started off with my normal triple batch of banana bread. Well, while I was mixing the sugar and butter together, I accidentally added an extra cup of sugar.  So, my triple batch turned into a quadruple batch! ;)
 I made 8 mini loaves of banana bread

and 2 regular loaves of banana bread (these both went to my friend)

Next, I made two packages of snickerdoodle cookies.
I forgot how yummy those are! 
 

Chili Cheese Casserole
1 can of chili
1 can of cream of chicken (I was out, so I used cream of mushroom and it works too)
1 12 ounce package of penne pasta (or whichever you prefer - it is very hearty, so I like to use a smaller pasta)
8 ounces monterrey jack cheese, grated

In a casserole dish, mix well the chili, soup and cheese. Add in the cooked noodles, stirring in gently. Cover with some more cheese. Bake for 30 minutes (or until it is warmed through) uncovered at 350 degrees.
 
I ended up making two double batches of this, so the recipe was everything times 4!

The noodles all cooked and in the pan

Mix the chili, soup and cheese all together

 Then blend the noodles and the chili mix together

 Add some more cheese on top (you can never have TOO much cheese)

Both pans ready to go (I covered them with foil and put them in the fridge, so I could take them to my friend's house and she could bake them there)

 Next, I made some corn bread, per my friend's request ;)

All done!

Then, I made BBQ chicken for both my friend's family and ours!

So for dinner on Thursday night, we had BBQ chicken, Bush's Grillin beans southern bit BBQ style, corn and some corn bread. Yummy! 

I was very tired from my day in the kitchen, but it was totally worth it when we were able to bless our friend and her family with lots of food!

No comments:

Post a Comment