Saturday, June 30, 2012

Date Night!

After being together for almost 13 years, married for almost 10 years and 2 kids, I am so deeply in love with my husband!   So, when his mom offered for us to have a date night, we jumped at the chance!  Because she has been staying with us for the past month or so, we have been able to go out on several dates! I am so grateful to her for giving us that chance! 


Anyways, I put on my pretty face and even wore a skirt and some pretty shoes! Mind you, I am a jeans and a t-shirt kind of girl, no makeup and usually flip flops! So, when we go out on a date, it is my chance to sort of dress up!  

Eric was all gentlemanly and opened the car door for me and helped me in the car. And when we got to the restaurant, he came and opened the door for me again! Nice! 

We had dinner at Burgers & Beers in Rancho Mirage. I don't know if you have ever eaten there before, but I highly recommend it. It was so yummy! It gets a little busy at times, but what restaurant doesn't?  We both had a Mexican dish.  Eric had Torta Borracha and I had Chicken Tacos. Dawn was our server and she was super sweet!   She was very attentive and very helpful!   She told us a riddle and wouldn't give us the answer until we got our bill. LOL! So, here it is.... poor people have it, rich people want it and everyone dies with it.  Anyone? Hello, McFly?  Just kidding. The answer is NOTHING! Think about it, poor people don't have anything, rich people want for nothing and what do you die with, nothing! It took us all of dinner to figure it out! ;)  And PS, Dawn said that we were her favorite customers of the night! =)


After dinner, we ran over to Walmart to pick up a few things and then came home. 


It was a really nice night for us. Don't get me wrong, we love our kids very much, but every parent needs a break once in a while.  ;)  Plus, it is good for your relationship and makes you realize why you love your spouse so much! So have lots and lots of dates!  


The end!


My cute hubby and I

No comments:

Post a Comment