Saturday, June 30, 2012

Describe 10 pet peeves you have

Blogging Challenge Day 11: Describe 10 pet peeves you have

According to dictionary.com, here is the definition of pet peeve.
pet peeve definition :(noun) a major or principal annoyance or complaint.

10 pet peeves of mine


1. Whinning: Ugh, this is like scratching your finger nails down a chalkboard. When my kids do it, I try really hard not to run screaming from the room. LOL! I mean, they are 3 and 6 years old, so it is bound to happen, but I really trip to nip it in the bud! 


2. Smoking around your kids:  I hate it when I see someone walking with their kids or with a baby in a stroller and they are smoking. I mean, come on, what are you doing to your child?  My husband smokes, but he is really careful and never does it really around the kids.  


3. Liars:  Really all there is to it is HONESTY is the best policy! Enough said!


4. Unattentive or unobservant parents:  I hate it when I am in store or anywhere and the kids are doing anything and everything and the parents are paying attention or just don't care. When I go somewhere, I get all panicky if my daughter goes around the corner on the opposite aisle and I can't see her!


5. Screaming kids:  My kids have never been screamers.  So when I am around a kid that does that, it drives me crazy! It hurts my ears and makes me cringe, big time! 


6. Kids who are not seatbelted or in a carseat in the car:  I have pulled up to a stoplight and looked over at the car next to me and seen a kid without a seatbelt. It just breaks me heart. I have literally waited for the person driving or the passenger to look at me and pulled my seatbelt out and then pointed at the kid. Grrr.... what were they thinking?


7. Grammar errors:  I hate it when people use the wrong word for a sentence. Facebook is the worst! Do you know the difference between your/you're, their/there/they're, to/two/too or its/it's?  Or when some spells something wrong or uses an apostrophe in the wrong spot.  ANNOYING!






8. Noisy eaters: If I can hear you chewing, you are too loud and that's not right. I tell my 6 year old daughter this all the time. 


9. One sided conversations: I hate when I talk to someone on the phone and they just talk and talk and talk and you can't get a word in edgewise!   They vent or complain about their life or whatever it is and when you start to contribute to the conversation, they talk over you and don't let you talk! 

10. People on the phone when they are checking out: After working retail for 7 years, I think that this is so rude. If you have gone through a store, picked out things that you want to purchase, can't you have the common decency to wait to you check out to call someone? The cashier is working and you can take 30 seconds out of your day to talk to them! 


11. Saying please and thank you: Ok, after writing #10, I had to include this one.  When checking out somewhere, I think that is just polite to say please and thank you.  Or when you ask an associate for help, PLEASE say please and thank you! 


12. Bad tippers: I just thought of this and had to add this one too.  I hate it when people don't tip well. I mean, if the service is bad, then of course, don't tip well.  I have had several friends who worked in the restaurant industry and have learned to tip from 18-20%. 

No comments:

Post a Comment