Thursday, June 21, 2012

My 3 Fears

Live2Save2Live Blogging Challenge Day 2


Blogging Challenge Day 2: Describe 3 Legitimate Fears and Explain How They Became Fears



1. Scared of the dark: I hate to admit this, but I know several other adults that also have the same fear, so I am not a minority! ;) I have been scared of the dark since I was a little girl. I have always had to sleep with a night light on!  I have a night time ritual. I have to make sure that the closet doors are completely closed (no gaps with the darkness of the closet showing) and then turn on my white noise machine.  My husband (who is a night owl), comes and tucks me in.  I love that he does this for me every night! He will cover me up with the sheet and make sure my foot sticks out from under the sheet.  Oh, I am a bit obsessive about that. LOL! Crazy party of one here! ;)


2. Any of my loved ones dying: I was very blessed to have both my maternal great-grandparents live until I was an adult.  I am terrified of the day when my grandparents pass away. My sister and I have always been very close to my mom's parents. They are in their late 80s, so I know that the day is coming, but how do you ever prepare for something like that.  I am also scared of anything happening to my kids. I am very blessed for them to be healthy and not ever really had a major sicknesses.   To this day, I check them every night before I go to bed to make sure that they are breathing! They are now 3 and 6 years old. I can't help it. I am their mom and it is my job to make sure that they are alright!


3. Never achieving my dreams or goals in life:  When you are a little kid, you dream about what you want to be when you grow up! I knew that I would get married, have kids and I wanted to be a teacher. I thought that I would have 2 kids by the time that I was 26. LOL! Well, God and life has a way of changing your plans, for the better, I might say.  Right out of high school, I went to college to become a teacher. After 2 1/2 years, I had to come home and work, because I couldn't afford it anymore. Now, I am not even interested in being a teacher. Funny, how things change! I met my hubby and we got married when I was 25 (a few months before turning 26). I  had my daughter right before I turned 29 and had my son right before I turned 32.  I waited a while to start my family, but I love it and wouldn't change it for the world!  My husband and I always say when we are old and gray and can make our own house, this is how it would be....  Well, that is my dream, to own our own home! I pray for that every day! We currently live in a 2 bedroom apartment, which we have so outgrown! We have been looking for a larger place since before my 3 year old son was born. Sometimes, it feels like it will never happen. We can't afford it and it gets so depressing at times. But I have to have faith and know that God has a plan for our lives and only HE knows what is best! Thank you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment