Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Back to the Crock!

My arm was super sore today, so I had my dear hubby pull out the good ole crockpot for me!   I had an idea of what I wanted to throw in there, but wasn't totally sure. 

I am in great foodie group on Facebook called What's for dinner? I have no idea!   People are constantly posting yummy food in there, that I drool over.  Well, I posted that I had certain ingredients and asked for suggestions.   I got some ideas. 

This is what I cam up with! I put in 4 chicken breasts, 3 small onions cut into fourths, 3 or 4 big handfuls of baby carrots, 8 red potatoes, 2 cans of chicken broth and 3 little tubs of Knorr's chicken homestyle stock.  And that's it! Put it on high for 4 hours and went about my day!




Knorr chicken homestyle stock
I had never used this before. It has been sitting in my spice cabinet for months!  I didn't put any other seasoning but this in there and it has great flavor! The chicken turned out very flavorful! 

My daughter really loved everything and ate it all gone! My son ate his carrots and picked at the potatoes and chicken. He is 3 and has been a bit picky sometimes when he eats.  But today, he had ate a big breakfast (2 bowls of cereal) and a big lunch (hot dog, big slice of cheese, grapes and a plate of Ritz Bits peanut butter crackers), so maybe he just wasn't that hungry!   LOL! My hubby came home from work for lunch and ate 2 plates worth!

The smell and the flavor reminded me very much of a stew. All the veggies just melted in your mouth! The chicken just broke apart! It was super super yummy and I'm glad that my family liked it!  

It felt nice to use the crock pot after not using it the whole summer. Now that school has started back up again, I hope to use it more! Got lots of new recipes to try!  =)


No comments:

Post a Comment