Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pink slip! (a good thing)

First of all, this is my 100th blog post! For someone who never thought that she would be one to write a blog, I've come a long way, baby! ;)  It is has been fun writing this blog! Ok, enough about me! Here's my new post!

On Monday, September 24 I had my follow up appointment at the ortho clinic at Riverside County Regional Medical Center.  It was also Eric's birthday, my cousin and my great-aunt's birthdays (my Aunt Jean's first heavenly one, since she passed away last year) and my daughter's picture day! Busy day!

My appointment was for 12pm, so my dad picked me up again and took me. We got to Moreno Valley around 11:30ish and quickly grabbed something to eat.  We got to the clinic right at 12.  I got my number and had NO issues this time with the billing department, as my insurance has now been approved! Praise the Lord!   They took 3 x-rays and I had to wait for the doctor to see me. I saw a Dr. French this time.  He was a very nice doctor.  He told me that my arm fracture is healing nicely and it is still perfectly lined up (no surgery required).  I don't have to wear my sling anymore and I can go back to work!  He showed me some exercises to do, to help straighten out my arm more and break up all the scar tissue I have. Even by the end of the appointment, my arm was straighter than it had been!

So, guess what got the pink slip? My arm sling!  Yippeee!

My pink slipped arm sling

All in all, my dad and I only spent 3 hours at the clinic this time, instead of over 6!  I still have some stiffness in my arm, but that is due to scar tissue. As of today, it is feeling pretty good. It still gets sore, and if I turn it the wrong way, it hurts, but it is so much better now!  I can almost completely straighten it out! Thank you, Lord!   I have been doing the exercises the doctor gave me and will continue to do them!  I am not supposed to pick up anything very heavy with that arm, but I'm getting there!

No comments:

Post a Comment