Saturday, September 29, 2012

MNO

Last night, my friend hosted a Mommy's Night Out for any moms who wanted to participate from our mom's group. Well, everyone was all excited about it, but when my friend, Ria, created the event, not many people responded! Well, it just ended up being me, Ria and one other mom, Megan.  I think that it turned out great, because with such a small intimate group, we were able to have some great ADULT conversation! LOL!  We ate, drank and sat and talked for hours!  Thanks, honey, for letting me go out!

We met at Mimi's Cafe. I hadn't been to Mimi's in years.  We all three ended up ordering something off of their limited time only 3-course Bistro meals for $9.99! It was such a bargain.

For the first course, I had clam chowder soup, it was Friday after all! ;)  It was very tasty! 
For the second course, I had the balsamic shrimp salad.  The description from their menu: It is grilled balsamic glazed shrimp skewers, romaine, tomatoes, feta cheese (which I asked them to switch with parmesan cheese instead) and honey walnuts with a balsamic vinaigrette.   The salad was super good!  I ended up setting the walnuts to the side, because they were sort of candied and they kept sticking to my teeth! LOL!
For the last course, it was vanilla bean ice cream with your choice of sauce. I choose caramel and it was yummy too! I don't know what it is about vanilla bean, but it is so good!


My salad

 
Me and the yummy salad
 
 
My lime margarita with a shot of grenadine and Ria's mojito



Ria's french onion soup - isn't it pretty?

The soul picata that Ria and Megan had

 First of all, I got all dolled up, because I was going out on the town, and how often does that happen?!? I put on my face, meaning, I wore makeup! Shocker!  It was fun getting ready, I was just sad that it wasn't me and the hubby who had gone out! But I had a fun time with the girls! I look forward to doing it again! 

Me!

2 comments:

  1. I love girl's night's out! I did a girls day out with Jen the weekend before i moved. Mani's, Pedi's, lunch, and then some shopping at Michaels LOL

    That salad looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely get to do it, but it fell on Eric's day off, so I could go! Yeah! After being out of work for the last month, because of my arm, it was nice to have some adult conversation! LOL!

      Delete