Saturday, September 29, 2012

Tuna casserole

Sorry that I've been slacking on writing posts! A lot going on, but I will catch y'all up on that too! 

On September 22, I made tuna casserole for dinner.  I had not made this in a while, so it sounded good! 

Tuna Casserole
1 can tuna
1 can of cream of mushroom (chicken works too). This time, I used 2 cans and it made it extra creamy!
1 cup of peas (optional).  I used peas and carrots
8 ounces of noodles, whichever kind you want. I usually use small shells, because it's easier for the kids to eat, and this time I used about 3/4 of a 16 ounce box.

Cook the noodles and the peas and carrots, drain them and put them in a casserole dish. Add tuna and the soup. I put cheese in the soup mix to make it extra cheesy. I mix the soup, cheese and tuna together and then fold in the noodles and the peas and carrots. Sprinkle the top with lots of cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.

The pasta and the peas and carrots cooking

The tuna, soup and cheese all ready to mix together

All ready for it to go in the oven

All done and ready to eat! 

As always, it was yummy! Total comfort food at our house! Cheesy and creamy goodness! My daughter loved it! My son, not so much! LOL! He hasn't been feeling great, so I can't blame him! =(





2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I have never tried a tuna casserole....I am weary of the 'hot tuna' LOL. Both Hubby and I are pea haters too. But it does look super nummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love tuna casserole and tuna melts! Yummy! You don't have to put the peas in, but if you don't like hot tuna, then maybe no! LOL!

      Delete