Saturday, September 29, 2012

Chicken in the crockpot

On September 25, I made this again for dinner. I changed a few things this time around. 
 
http://adventuresofhhh.blogspot.com/2012/09/back-to-crock.html

Chicken in the crockpot
5 chicken breasts (frozen or fresh). This time around, I added 5 chicken breasts, because it seemed like we didn't have enough chicken last time. 
4 small onions
8 red potatoes
a ton of baby carrots, I added extra this time, because we love carrots!
4 tubs of Knorr's chicken homestyle stock
3 cans of chicken broth

Put it on high for 4 hours
When the timer had about 30 minutes left on it, I add some Pastina stars. I had never used them before and poured over half of the small box that I had, in the crockpot. Not even thinking about it, they are pasta, so they sucked up almost all the liquid and I had to add some more broth (a total of 3 cans).  They are super cute little, tiny stars! 

It doesn't look very pretty, but it sure was yummy!

I have tons of leftovers of this, this time. In fact, I think this is what we are eating for dinner tonight!





No comments:

Post a Comment