Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Something new!

Time for a change!  I hadn't cut or colored my hair in a while, and thankfully I have an AWESOME best friend who will do it for me and I all I have to do is pay her in candy corn! LOL! Love you, Shelby! 

Since my daughter got her adorable haircut, I have been thinking about chopping my hair off. Mind you, my hair is to the middle of my back (about my bra strap).  To cut it short, like my daughter's hair, would mean several inches cut off and I wasn't quite ready for that! My best friend thought that I should chop it to my shoulders, but I opted for no this time! LOL!  So, we started with two inches and I was like ok, just a little bit more, so another two inches it went. Four inches later, I am happy with the length and maybe in a few days might take just a smidge more off!

Remnants of longer hair past! (tehehehehehe)

A week or so ago, I was able to get several of these for free couponing at Rite Aid.  We decided to try one of these out for the first time.  It is a foaming hair dye and my best friend said that it was great! It is funny, because the mixing tub looks like a milkshake bottle! LOL!  

Right now, as I am typing this up, I notice that the box says 100% grey coverage. I want to clarify, that at 35 years old, I have no grey hair yet, but I am coloring my hair for the fun of it and because I want to! LOL!

I have been coloring my hair red or some red color for over a year now, but this was the first time for an Intensive Red. Oh my....  what had I gotten myself into?

My best friend kept calling me Carrot Top and I was scared! 
 
Close up of the end result

That's me! I like it! 

Thanks again to my lovely best friend, Shelby, who not only cut my hair, colored it and watched my kids while I took a shower when we were done, and she still had a smile on her face, even though she wasn't feeling the greatest! And all for some candy corn and some best friend time!  Priceless! xoxo

1 comment: