Friday, September 21, 2012

Life of Pi


Every once in a while, I like to go on www.imdb.com and watch trailers for up and coming new movies.  I watched the trailer for Life of Pi.   It looked really interesting, so I googled it. It was based on a book. I reserved the book at the library. Last Saturday, I picked it up and I have already finished it! 

It was really good! The author, Yann Martel, has a great way of telling a story! It was funny, it was exciting, it was sad, it was adventurous and most of all, it was a great read!

Life of Pi tells the story of Piscine, "Pi" for short, Patel, and how he survives a shipwreck at sea, with a 450 pound Bengal tiger!   A 16 year old boy, Pi was living in Pondicherry, India, with his family.  His father ran a zoo.  His father decided to sell all the animals and move the entire family to Canada.  They had to transport some of the animals and so they took a freighter ship headed for Canada.  One thing led to another, and the ship sank, leaving Pi the sole survivor, along with an odd variety of animals!   

I don't want to ruin the story for you, so I suggest you read it! I could not put it down! I wanted to see how Pi survived and see how his story ended!   I kept reading passages to Eric, because the author had a really funny way of how he told things! 

I can't wait to see the movie and see how it compares!

4 comments:

  1. I will have to check this out, I am always looking for new books to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a good book! I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  2. Well, I haven't found it at the store yet, but I found another book at Big Lots that is written by the same person that I picked up for $.50 to read LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it at the library. You might check yours! What book did you get?

      Delete