Monday, September 17, 2012

Chicken enchiladas

I took my daughter to school this morning and went and did some grocery shopping at Vons. I picked up some things for our dinners this week. I have been craving Mexican food like crazy lately, so I thought that I would try out this Old El Paso enchilada kit and I had a coupon! ;)


I took about a pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts and cut them into little pieces and then let them cook until there were no longer pink.  I added the seasoning packet from the kit and some water.

Once the sauce thickened up, I added the meat to the tortillas.

I added some cheese to the inside, because I like my enchiladas super cheesy!

I then rolled them up, poured the two bags of sauce over the top of them and SLATHERED them in cheese, again, because I love the cheese! LOL!   Put them in the toaster oven (too hot to use the real oven) at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.

This is what they looked like when they were done!

I made some cheesy refried beans and Spanish rice to go with and dinner was done!
So very very yummy! 

I had never made these before and it was quite simple. My best friend said that I don't need the kit. Next time, I will try to make it from scratch!  My daughter and husband loved it, and so did I, but my son wasn't so thrilled!














No comments:

Post a Comment