Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 4

Day 4: Your parents

 November 17, 1973
My parents on their wedding day

My parents are Ken and Melody. They met while they were attending Bible college in Oklahoma. My dad saw my mom through binoculars and had to meet her! Awwww!

They will celebrate their 39th wedding anniversary this November! They have two kids, my sister and I,  and six grandchildren!

On March 13, 2011, my dad had a heart attack! The doctors called it a widow maker, because that is how severe it was.  Those first few days were really scary. I have never seen my dad look like that. It is always hard to see someone you love hurting or in pain. I am so grateful to God and all of those who prayed for him, that he survived!  Our world would not be the same without my Dad and my kid's Ampa!

I am very close to my parents. I am glad that we live so close to each other and that my kids get to see their Nana and Ampa. With our busy lives, we may not see each other as often as possible, but we try our best.

I am the person I am today because of my parents!  If wasn't for the upbringing that the parents gave me, I don't know where I would be today! I am so blessed to have them as my parents! 
 
I love you, Mom and Dad!
My parents - November 2011



 

No comments:

Post a Comment