Thursday, July 12, 2012

List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them

Blogging Challenge Day 23: List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them


1. Scrapbooking
I love to scrapbook. I have about 15 or so scrapbooks done for my family. I am way behind on my kids. When you only have one child, you have plenty of time to work on it. But once my son was born, I fell behind. My daughter has like 5 albums done.  My son on the other hand, maybe has 5 pages done! Sad, but true! I really need to make an effort and time to work on them! My daughter loves to look through her albums and see her baby pictures. And that right there, is the reason that I do it! 
 
2. Photography
This goes hand in hand with scrapbooking. I have always liked to take pictures.  When the hubby and I would go on vacation, pre-kids, I would always have my camera on hand. I have great pictures from Laughlin, Nevada and Utah!  When my kids were born, I took tons of pictures. They change so much in the first few months, that I took daily pictures of them until they were 2 months old! I love looking at those pictures and seeing how much they did change, day to day! 
 
3. Reading
I have always been an avid reader, for as long as I can remember. I read all the Hardy Boy and Nancy Drew books in our school library, multiple times. I loved anything that had to do with Greek mythology.  
I love Danielle Steel novels and science fiction. Actually, I like to read almost anything! I read The Hunger Games series and really enjoyed.   I recently discovered Cassandra Clare. She is a great author. She has two series, The Mortal Instruments (5 books so far) and The Internal Devices (2 books so far), that I have really enjoyed reading!  Now that my 6 year old daughter is learning to read, she has the same love of reading as I do! 

4. Shopping
I have to admit that I am a shop-o-holic!  I am very frugal when it comes to shopping though. I hate paying full price for something. I will always shop the clearance racks first! I love shopping at Target for that reason! They always have really good deals! 

5. Couponing 
This has helped with my shopping habits! LOL! I started couponing in June of last year. I mean, before that, I had used a coupon here and there, but nothing consistent. Well now, I am the lady you will see at the grocery store with her big coupon binder in tow!  I have saved my family a ton of money! It is so exciting to see how much you can save at the register!  I have a great group of friends that help each other out in our couponing!

No comments:

Post a Comment