Thursday, July 19, 2012

Shrimp alfredo

Last night, I tried out a new recipe. I asked my best friend for a good shrimp scampi or shrimp alfredo recipe and kind of played off of that.  So here is what I did.

This is my shrimp sauteing in butter and minced garlic. Love the steam coming off of it!
 
I cooked some mini penne pasta to go with it. I took a jar of Ragu Cheesy Alfredo sauce and mixed it all together. 

The finished pasta
 
 I steamed some carrots to go with it and Voila! dinner was ready! 
 
 
Mind you, I am not a huge fan of alfredo, I prefer tomato sauce, but this turned out really yummy! My kids loved it and ate two servings of pasta! Yippee!
 
And I made rice kripsie treats for dessert, even though the kids ate ice cream sandwiches instead. They are this funny greenish color, because I used multi-colored marshmallows.  I remember now why I never make these at home.  They just never taste as good as the ones that you buy at the store! 








No comments:

Post a Comment