Monday, July 16, 2012

Sunday dinner

This is what my family ate for dinner last night! 
 BBQ bacon chicken, baked potato with bacon, corn and Bush's Grillin Beans Southern Pit Barbeque

I had seen this baked potato recipe on Pinterest.  You peel your potato and then slice it in chunks, but not all the way through.  You put bacon slices in the cuts and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Well, they didn't turn out exactly how I thought they would. They were still pretty hard after 30 minutes in the oven, so I popped them in the microwave to finish baking them.  

For the chicken, I took chicken breasts, laid bacon on top of them and then slathered them in BBQ sauce. I baked them for about 45 minutes or so at 400 degrees. 


And of course, you have to have Bush Grillin Beans with BBQ chicken.  Last night, we had the Southern Pit Barbeque flavor.  I could totally eat those beans out of the can, they are so good. I have not found a single flavor of those, that I don't like! So so yummy!

And the corn was just frozen corn that I made for the kids! They are not big baked potato fans! 

This was the first real meal that I had had since I had my wisdom tooth pulled and it was worth it! Yummy! Yummy! Yummy!  If I don't say so myself, even if I am the one who made it!








No comments:

Post a Comment