Thursday, July 5, 2012

What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?

Blogging Challenge Day 16: What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?

1. Honor Roll:  I am proud to say that I was on honor roll, all four years of high school, except for one quarter, stupid geometry! I was a total geek and am proud to say that! But on a good side note, I was able to get academic scholarships for college, because of my good grades!  I was also on the Who's Who's List in high school, which goes hand in hand with being on the honor roll!

2. Going to college: After I graduated from high school, I attended Biola University in the fall of 1995.  It was my first time being away from home and I LOVED it! LOL! Don't get me wrong, I totally missed my parents and my friends at home, but I got to experience so much living in a dorm. I think that I grew up so much my freshman year. My horizons were totally broadened!  Even though I couldn't afford to finish my degree, I cherish my college years! 

3. Getting married: I am so blessed to be married to such a wonderful guy!  I didn't date in high school or college. And after having to quit college, move back home to work and suffering through a HORRIBLE relationship, I didn't know if it would ever happen for me.  It took me working at Walmart, to meet Mr. Right!  I always say that Walmart provides everything, even husbands! ;)  You ask, why is this a greatest accomplishment?  Because, I love being married and being able to spend the rest of my life with him!  

4. My daughter! Growing up, I always knew that I wanted to be a mom. I thought that I would be married by 22, have my first kid at 25 and so on. Well, God had different plans for my life. I didn't meet Mr. Right, until I was 22 and we didn't get married until a few months before I turned 26 and then our daughter wasn't born until I was almost 29!   She is the best thing that every happened to me (besides her dad and her brother, see number 3 and 5)!  I am blessed with a beautiful 6 year old little girl who calls me Mommy!

5. My son! I always knew that I wanted to have my kids about two years apart, so when our daughter turned two, our family started asking when the next one was coming! Well, one month after our daughter turned three, our son was born (a month early).  We are so blessed to have a girl and a boy!  My boisterous three year old Tonka tough boy! I love my Bubba to pieces and am so happy to be his mommy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment