Thursday, July 19, 2012

List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for

Blogging Challenge Day 30: List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.

This blogging challenge has been fun and challenging, go figure! This is the final day of this challenge. I think that I will start another one, because I like how this has made me write a post every day!  

1. Being a good mom.  I may not be perfect, but I do my best! I hope my kids love me for that, because I sure love them!
2. Being a good wife.  Again, I am not perfect, but I love my husband with all of my heart and that will never ever change!
3. Being a good daughter. I never want to disappoint my parents. I may be 35 years old, but I still want to be a good daughter and do everything right. I know that I didn't always achieve that, but I hope that my parents are proud of me. I am so grateful to the way I was raised and am thankful to my parents for that. It has taught me how to be the parent that I am today. Thank you, Mom and Dad!
4. Being a good sister. Growing up, my sister and I fought like cats and dogs. But now, as adults, well, we still fight. No, not really! Just kidding, Laura! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful sister! (as I type this, it brings tears to my eyes!)  I am so sad that we live so far away from each other. =( I would have loved for our kids to grow up together, like I had always imagined!  I am glad that we are close now and get to talk whenever we want to!
5. Being a good friend. (I guess that all five of those could have been lumped together. Oh well!)  I feel like I am always there for my friends to lean on when they need it. I always have a shoulder to cry on or an ear to listen to them vent. I love my friends and am so grateful for each of them!
6. I want to be remembered for being a happy and positive person!  I have always considered myself very happy. I have a positive outlook on life.  God is good all the time!
7. I love to scrapbook and I hope that those books will carry on my legacy! I want my kids to look at their scrapbooks and know how much love that I put into them!
8. I love to study my family's history. About 6 years ago, I started I went to a mini family reunion and started writing down all my family's information. I talked with my Great Aunt Jean (who passed away this year) and my Grandma. I am glad that I was able to do that, because about 2 years ago, my grandma, who is our family historian, had a stroke and can no longer talk.  Before any of this happened, I had sat down with her and had her tell me in detail, how she grew up, where her and my Papa met and how, and the different places where they had lived.  I even went through old photos and had her tell me who everyone was in the pictures! I am so glad that I did that, because in all the old stories that my grandma had told me, I don't think that I had ever heard the story of how my grandparents had met! It is a great love story and they just celebrated their 64th wedding anniversary!  So in all that, I guess that I would like to be remembered as someone who carried on our family history!
9.  I want to be remembered for my banana bread or my no-bake cookies! Those are both family favorites of ours!  ;)
10. I want to be remembered as a woman of faith. I love God with all my heart. I may not always be the best Christian and I don't shout it to the rooftops, but God has ALWAYS been there for me and will ALWAYS be there for me! I pray that I can be the best witness that I can be. But please remember, that I am human, and I will make mistakes. But God is an all forgiving God and will never leave you or forsake you!

No comments:

Post a Comment