Friday, July 13, 2012

In what ways are you a nerd?

Blogging Challenge Day 24: In what ways are you a nerd?

This was me, minus the glasses!

Definition of nerd (n): bing.com · Bing Dictionary
nerd   [nurd]   
1. offensive term: an offensive term that deliberately insults somebody's physical appearance or social skills 2.single-minded enthusiast: somebody who is considered to be excessively interested in a subject or activity that is regarded as too technical or scientific
 
Hmmm.... was I a nerd? I would have to say yes.  I was the goody two shoes kind of girl. I never, well, hardly ever got in trouble when I was in school. I would say that I got in more trouble fighting with my sister than anything!   I was a bookworm. I studied hard. I didn't play sports and not for lack of wanting to either.  I went to volleyball camp and tried out for the team.  I didn't make it, but I did stats! Yippee! I was on honor roll all 4 years of high school, except for 1 QUARTER, because of stupid geometry! Grrrr!  I did not date. I was not popular. So, yes, I was a nerd!  But hey, being a nerd is what put me through college! My nerdiness and aptitude for good grades got me academic scholarships.  So, do I complain about being a nerd? NO! I hold my head high and shot from the roof tops that I am proud to have been a nerd! And maybe, I still am! ;)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment